Town of Chili
SCHOOL TAX PAYMENT INFORMATION
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE, that I, Virginia Ignatowski, Town Clerk/Receiver of Taxes for the Town of Chili, have received the tax rolls and warrants for collection of school taxes for Town of Chili residents in the GATES CHILI, CHURCHVILLE-CHILI, WHEATLAND-CHILI and CALEDONIA-MUMFORD SCHOOL DISTRICTS, and I will receive payment of said school taxes at the CHILI TOWN HALL, 3333 Chili Avenue, Rochester, New York, 14624, from 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., Monday through Friday, beginning September 1, 2021.
Please visit www.townofchili.org for the most recent information and instructions on tax payments prior to making your payment in the event changes occur during the collection period due to the pandemic.
A. Full Payments
1. September 1 – October 1, 2021 . . . No Interest Due . . . Pay TOTAL AMOUNT of tax bill to Virginia Ignatowski, Receiver of Taxes.
2. October 2- October 31, 2021 . . . ADD 2% Interest to TOTAL AMOUNT of tax bill and pay to Virginia Ignatowski, Receiver of Taxes. (Since the 31st is on a Sunday, this is extended to November 1st).
3. November 1 (this year, November 2)– November 18 …Add 5% interest to TOTAL AMOUNT of tax bill and pay to Monroe County Treasurer, PO Box 14420, Rochester, NY 14614.
B. Installment Payments – All school districts, except Caledonia-Mumford, accept installment payments. Please follow these instructions:
1. First Installment – Pay TOTAL amount, including service charge, on stub #1 by September 15, 2021 to Virginia Ignatowski, Receiver of Taxes
2. September 16 to September 20th – ADD 1% INTEREST TO TOTAL amount including service charge on stub #1 and pay to Virginia Ignatowski, Receiver of Taxes.
3. Providing the first installment (see due dates above) has been made properly, installments for due dates October 15, 2021 and November 15, 2021 are payable by mail to the Monroe County Treasurer, PO Box 14420, Rochester, NY 14614.
4. If the FIRST INSTALLMENT is NOT paid by September 20, 2021, the installment plan is NO LONGER AVAILABLE. The full amount of the school tax bill must be paid (See Instruction A above).
NO PAYMENTS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER NOVEMBER 18
School taxes unpaid after that date, plus accrued interest and penalties, will be re-levied into the 2022 Town and County tax bill.
C. Persons having checks returned to the Receiver marked insufficient funds or for any other reason will incur an additional $20.00 penalty.
Your careful adherence to the above School Tax Payment Information will help tremendously to make the school tax collection process run smoothly. Thank you.
If you are responsible for paying your tax bill (Non Escrowed Accounts) and have not received a tax bill by September 8th, please call 889-6129.
DATED: August 24, 2021
Virginia Ignatowski, Town Clerk/Receiver of Taxes
Town of Chili