Fisher-Dougherty House, Circa 1836 [Map]
This property was first listed to a man named Hatch. The house appeared in records by 1836 belonging to a Fisher family. Subsequently, several generations of Fishers owned the property for over a century. In the mid-1950s Ralph and Connie Wickens took ownership. Mr. Wickens was the town attorney and his father, Walter, was the town supervisor. In 2001 Frank and Kathy Dougherty bought the property.
This handsome two story wooden structure sits back about seventy feet from Fisher Road; it is a Colonial with a center front entrance door with sidelights. Four windows are separated by the door. Inside, there are nine rooms- a living room, parlor, dining room, kitchen, pantry, and enclosed porch on the main floor. The steep spindled staircase (circa 1850) leads to the two upstairs bedrooms and a bath. The floors upstairs are knotty pine; downstairs, the floor material was taken from trees on the property and are wide planks of ash, pine, and hemlock. The foundation, representative of the early 1800s, is rubble stone. A cistern still exists in the basement.