The Town Supervisor also serves as the Chief Financial Officer, holding primary financial authority for the Town. Under general guidance of the Supervisor, the Finance Department’s mission is to establish and maintain appropriate accounting practices and internal controls that protect the assets of the Town of Chili and its residents, while ensuring that they are allocated in an efficient and effective manner. We provide relevant, accurate, timely financial data and strive to maintain complete transparency. We provide services to both internal and external customers in an ethical manner while seeking to sustain the Town’s strong financial condition.
The Finance Department is tasked with managing the day to day financial affairs of the Town. The specific responsibilities of the Finance Department include:
- Maintain all account records
- Prepare abstract and pay bills
- Direct accounts receivable
- Monitor cash flow and investments
- Prepare monthly and annual financial statements, state filings
- Oversee annual financial and State audits
- Maintain accounting software, provide support to internal users
- Prepare annual budget in conjunction with department heads and Supervisor
- Oversee existing debt service, research new capital project financing
- Assist and advise in the development and implementation of policies and matters that have a financial impact on the Town.
It is the Human Resource Department’s mission to support the goals and challenges of the Town by providing support to its most valuable resource – its employees. We are committed to establishing and administering policies and procedures that provide our employees with services that are fair, respectful, open and consistent. We seek to balance the needs of diverse work force with the needs of the Town and its constraints, while maintaining compliance with an ever changing would of regulations.
The Human Resource Department’s responsibilities include:
- Process payroll for approximately 130 full-time and part-time employees.
- Administer benefits
- File & monitor Workers’ Compensation claims
- Ensure compliance with applicable state and federal labor laws and regulations
- Develop and administer personnel policies and procedures
- Assist in Union matters on behalf of the Town
- Manage employee and labor relations.