The New York State Department of Transportation is announcing the beginning of a construction project along NY-33A in the Town of Chili. The project will make a number of enhancements along this corridor, including:
- Improved pavement condition and rideability by resurfacing NY-33A from NY-252 to Westside Drive.
- Improved intersection geometry at NY-33A (Chili Avenue) and NY-252 (Beaver Road). This will be converted to a T-type intersection.
- New pavement markings to better accommodate bicyclists and pedestrians.
- Upgraded sidewalk curb ramps to meet current ADA standards.
- Traffic signal improvements.
Motorists ill be able to access NY-33A throughout the entire project. Short term daily lane closures are anticipated during paving operations. Beaver Road at Chili Avenue is expected to be closed for 10-14 days during the reconfiguration with a detour posted.
The general timing of the project is as follows:
- Mid-April to end of May: Beaver Road intersection closure and work & Signals, ADA Ramps and spot repairs
- Mid-June to early July: Mill & Pave Paul/Coldwater east to Westside Drive, ADA Ramp work and adjust manholes and valves
- July to early August: Mill & Pave Beaver Road to Paul/Coldwater, adjust manholes and valves and ADA ramp work
- Night time mill & pave: Paul Road to Paul/Coldwater intersections early August (Wegmans)