The Assessment Office maintains an inventory of all parcels of real property within the Town of Chili in order to establish an assessed value for the equitable distribution of property taxes.
In accordance with the rules and regulations set forth in New York State Real Property Tax Laws, the Town of Chili participates in an annual assessment program. Annual assessment involves the systematic analysis of all properties in the municipality each year to determine if they reflect current market values, making adjustments where necessary.
Changes in assessment values also occur for other reasons, such as a change in use, assessor review request, and/or issuance of a building permit for construction or demolition.
The Assessment Office is also responsible for the receipt and administration of partial tax exemptions, as allowed under the New York State Real Property Tax Laws (RPTL), and any locally adopted options to RPTLs, for property owners who meet certain eligibility requirements.
Be sure to check out the links to the left for additional or NEW information!
5/26/2020 U.S. Department of Agriculture – Coronavirus Food Assistance Program (CFAP)
Are you a farmer or rancher whose operation has been directly impacted by coronavirus pandemic? The Coronavirus Food Assistance Program provides direct relief to producers who faced price declines and additional marketing costs due to COVID-19.
The Coronavirus Food Assistance Program (CFAP) provides vital financial assistance to producers of agricultural commodities who have suffered a five-percent or greater price decline or who had losses due to market supply chain disruptions due to COVID-19 and face additional significant market costs. Eligibilie commodities include:
- Non-specialty Crops: malting barley, canola, corn, upland cotton, millet, oats, soybeans, sorghum, sunflowers, durum wheat, and hard red spring wheat
- Livestock: cattle, hogs, and sheep (lambs and yearlings only)
- Specialty Crops (see CFAP webpages for list)
A CFAP Call Center is available for producers who would like additional one-on-one support with the CFAP application process. Please call 1-877-508-8364 to speak directly with a USDA employee ready to offer assistance.
More information at: Coronavirus Food Assistance Program
2020 FINAL ASSESSMENT ROLL – ASSESSORS AFFIDAVIT
STATE OF NEW YORK)
COUNTY OF MONROE)
JENNIE L. MILLER, BEING DULY SWORN, DEPOSES AND SAYS:
- THAT I AM THE ASSESSOR FOR THE TOWN OF CHILI
- THAT I HAVE SET DOWN IN THE FOREGOING FINAL ASSESSMENT ROLL, ATTACHED HEREIN, ALL THE REAL PROPERTY IN THE TOWN OF CHILI, THAT IT CONFORMS IN ALL RESPECTS TO THE 2020 TENTATIVE ASSESSMENT ROLL; AND THAT, WITH THE EXCEPTIONS OF THOSE CASES IN WHICH THE VALUE OF THE SAID REAL ESTATE HAS BEEN CHANGED BY REASON OF PROOF PRODUCED BEFORE THE BOARD OF ASSESSMENT REVIEW; AND WITH THE EXCEPTION OF ANY DIFFERENT SPECIAL FRANCHISE ASSESSMENTS, IN WHICH THE VALUE HAS BEEN DETERMINED BY THE NEW YORK STATE BOARD OF REAL PROPERTY SERVICES; AND ALSO SUCH OTHER PROPERTY AS IS EXEMPT BY LAW FROM TAXATION, AT THE FULL VALUE THEREOF, ACCORDING TO MY BEST JUDGEMENT AND BELIEF.
JENNIE L. MILLER
TOWN OF CHILI
SUBSCRIBED AND SWORN THIS FIRST DAY OF JULY, 2020
PROCEDURE FOR STAR RENUNCIATION
Property owner(s) who wish to switch from the STAR Exemption (Basic or Enhanced) to the STAR Credit Check process will need to do one of the two following steps:
Instructions for STAR exemption removal and renunciation:
1. Before the Tentative Roll is filed/frozen:
- Provide the assessor with a brief, signed statement, expressing your intention to give up the exemption going forward (example)
2. After the Tentative Roll is filed:
- Complete Part 1 of the Form RP-496, Application to Renounce Previously Granted Exemption(s).
- File this form with Monroe County Director of Real Property Tax Services:
Timothy Murphy, Director
Monroe County Real Property Tax Services
39 W. Main St, Rm 304
Rochester, NY 14614
NOTE: THE TENTATIVE ROLL IS FILED ANNUALLY ON MAY 1ST
3. Register with New York State Department of Taxation and Finance for the STAR credit check.
- You may register: by visiting www.tax.ny.gov OR
by calling 1-518-457-2036
Assessor Note: Per NYS DTF, the property owner(s) who choose to remain receiving their STAR savings under their existing exemption (deduction is made directly on school tax bill) will NOT see the 2% adjustment moving forward after 2019. Only STAR credit check recipients will receive the 2% savings adjustment.
2021-22 EXEMPTION RENEWAL PROCESS
ALL Town of Chili annual exemption renewal applications will be mailed, by the Assessment Office, in a staggered mailing during the month of October 2020.
Please read ALL enclosed material, complete the form (all owners must sign) and return to the Assessment Office with applicable supporting documentation. Our office may make courtesy copies of certain information.
Renewal applications are due no later than taxable status date: March 1, 2021
If returning by mail and you would like confirmation that we received your application, please enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
Call our office at (585) 889-6132 if you have questions or need assistance.
STAR Exemption Program
New York State Department of Taxation & Finance:
Contact information regarding the NYS Tax & Finance STAR Credit Checks & Tax Rebates:
- STAR Registration
Taxpayers Call: 1-518-457-2036
- Property Tax Freeze Credit Check: 2014-2015-2016
Taxpayers Call: 1-518-453-8146
- Family Tax Relief Credit: 2016-2017-2018-2019
Taxpayers Call: 1-518-485-1057
Be advised, rebate/relief checks, tax credits and the NYS Registration for STAR credit checks are not administered locally. You must contact New York State Department of Taxation & Finance at the above listed numbers with any questions pertaining to checks, tax credits, and the registration process – or visit the listed web pages for more information.
NOTE: First-time applicants, for any exemption, or the annual renewal of an existing exemption, must submit the applicable paper form and supporting documentation to your local assessor by taxable status date (March 1st).
Additional Assessment Department information may be found in the Assessor Menu.
Jennie L. Miller, Assessor
Chili Town Hall, 3333 Chili Avenue
Office: (585) 889-6132
Fax: (585) 889-8710
Hours: Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.