You can mail or put in the night deposit box your dog license renewals. You may also renew online. If you have a new dog that you are looking to license, please fill out the dog application form (see below) and mail or place in the night deposit box.
When is a License Required:
- Every dog, regardless of age, owned or harbored in New York State for longer than 30 days, must be licensed.
- The Following are the only exceptions:
- If the dog is under four months of age and will not be allowed to run off the owner’s premises
- If a non-resident brings a dog into New York State for less than 30 days and the dog is licensed accord to the resident state’s licensing laws.
- Dogs confined to the premises of any public or private hospital, research institution or a Class A Dealer with a certificate of exemption from the Commissioner.
Where to Obtain a License:
- Apply for a dog license at the Town Clerk’s Office, Chili Town Hall, 3333 Chili Ave.
- Annual license renewals can be done by mail or in person at the Town Clerk’s Office.
- You may also renew on-line. https://dogs.egov.basgov.com/dogs/search?munirecid=86
When to Obtain a License:
- Renewal paperwork will be sent directly to the dog owner from the Clerk’s office approximately one month prior to expiration date. If you do not receive renewal paperwork, please contact the Town Clerk’s Office at (585) 889-6127.
Documents Required to Obtain a New License:
- License application
- If the dog is spayed or neutered, a certificate from a licensed veterinarian or an affidavit from the owner showing that the dog has been spayed or neutered. This proof only has to be provided once.
- All dogs four months or older must have proof of a rabies vaccination signed by a licensed veterinarian or a certificate stating why the life of the dog would be endangered by the vaccine.
- For guide dogs, war dogs, hearing dogs, police dogs or service dogs, satisfactory proof is required, such as a training certificate. Dogs engaged in these services need to be currently licensed for their trained purpose at the time of licensing.
- The appropriate non-refundable license fee as set out below:
Documents Required to Renew a License:
- Renewal application sent to you by the Clerk’s office.
-Proof of up to date rabies vaccination (if expired in the past year).
-Proof of spay or neuter (if procedure occurred in past 12 months).
Cost to Obtain a License:
- Spayed or neutered Not Spayed or neutered
- Senior (over 65) discount Senior (over 65) discount
- There are no license fees for guide dogs, war dogs, hearing dogs, police dogs, or service dogs.
How to Change a License:
It is essential that any change to the information on the license be provided to the Town Clerk’s Office so that records can be updated. The owner must provide in writing any of the following changes:
-Dog owner’s address
-Loss or theft of the dog (and if the dog is found, its return)
-Death of a dog
To view the Town of Chili Dog Ordinance, click HERE